Re: jerky viewport scrolling performance GTK+

Hi Iain and others,

thanks for the support. In order to notice what
the problem is, you may want to use eog immediately
after using my prog, looking at the same .tif:
eog scrolls like a snowboard on snot.

Since in our application, the images will even
be bigger than the .tif example, and in color, the
current implementation is not an option:
a diagonal pan using a little hand cursor would
be a pain in unspeakable places.

Iain, the green square upper left is an upstart to
some pixbuf image twiddling, which is irrelevant
to the scroll problem. It is exactly this straightforwardness
of gdk to get  rgb+alpha why we want to use gtk/gdk.

Anyway, we can always use the source of eog as a
start but I would like to start simple and understand
what is going on. Maybe the expose/region handling
is a good idea, thank you John.

Still somewhat puzzled,
Lambert

Talk with your online friends with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.nl/