Re: default gtk2 font size

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:38:38 +0100, Sven Neumann said:

> > I think his question was "What file do I put this in for a
> > *system-wide* default value?"
>
> If that was the question, the answer is to put the very same line into
> /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

Well... I considered that.  However, the OP knows that "change 8 point to 12 point"
looks OK with *THIS* theme" (for whatever default theme).  But..

Program opens /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc, reads the default-theme and point size.
Then it opens my ~/.gtkrc, when then misbehaves because I didn't specify
point size (similar to the fun that ensues when you have tuned your X fonts
and fail to allow for 100dpi vs 75dpi, and then some change by the sysadmin
or vendor gets the *other* flavor first in the font path and suddenly your
fonts are too big or tiny....)

It may not be as big a point for font size, but some of the other gtkrc things
could cause lots of fun if they got passed down to themes not expecting them....