Re: basic font problem

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your help. I have taken a look at your suggestions but I am
still a little confused. After installing Gnome2, I ran fc-cache -f as
root. I notice in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts, there are "fonts.cache-1"
files in every sub-directory: TrueType, Type1, misc, etc. However,
misc/fonts.cache-1 is empty - and that is the location of my preferred
fonts.

My guess is that this is the problem. Do you agree? If so, do you have
any ideas?

Shane

Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Shane McAndrew <test1dellboy3 yahoo co uk> writes:
>
> > Other X applications (such as emacs) can display all
> > the characters in the file with the standard font
> > -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-*-*-*-c-70-iso8859-1.
> > So I have concluded it is not an X windows problem. Am
> > I right?
>
> Yes, newer GTK+ apps don't use the X core fonts. You probably just

But, is it possible for these apps to the X core fonts?