RE: automatic scrolling window (scrolledwindow)

> I'm very new in this stuff... still searching for help!

One or two people have replied to you. Please do respond to those replies.
Remember to use Reply To All with mailing lists.

> is (gtk_scrolled_window_set_vadjustment()) supposed to automatically
> scroll the window!?

I think it just associates an Adjustment (for instance, one in a scrollbar)
with one in the ScrolledWindow. I'm not sure that you need to use it.

> Anyway, what I'm really looking for is for the screen to scroll down
> when I <tabs> past the end.

Do you mean tab to switch focus. For instance, using keyboard navigation to
tab from one button to the next in a dialog?

> Exactly
> like how  the web form on the Internet works. Also, the same screen
> should scroll back up as well
> when  I  <shift-tabs> back.
> In other words, the window needs to scroll up and down automatically
> depending on the current location of the cursor
> (or current active field).

What is a "field"? Instead, of just asking the same question over and over,
you might try giving more information, or rewording it. If we still don't
understand what you need, maybe a screenshot would help. (Please link to one
if it is big).

Regarding the cursor, as  I said before:

This sounds unpleasant. Would it also scroll when you click on the
scrollbar. That would mean that it would scroll on the way to the scrollbar,
and also when you click on the scrollbar.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net