Re: Transparent buttons
- From: Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>
- To: Shaun McCance <shaunm wolfram com>
- Cc: sydney barrow <sydbarrow hotmail com>, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Transparent buttons
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:51:02 -0400
>On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 18:51, sydney barrow wrote:
>> Is there a way to create transparent buttons (so that the background pixmap
>> shows through) in GTK+ (1.2)?
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>IIRC, this was one of the really cool features of GTK+ 2, and it isn't
>possible in GTK+ 1.
it certainly is possible, though it can be quite a bit more work. you
need to use gtk_widget_shape_combine_mask() together with a
GtkEventBox as the underlying widget type. getting full GtkButton
semantics from this is hard, but if you want something that responds
with generic (ie. button_press, button_release) events, its not that
] [Thread Prev