Re: why LGPL 2.0?

I think there's an easy out. The source files say:

 * This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
 * modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
 * License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
 * version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

So you can take the option, and distribute under the terms
of a later version.

Noah