Re: Make widgets visible in a Scrolled Window

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 12:57, Sebastian Ley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a scrolled window, created with
> gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport(GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW (scroll), targetbox);
>
> The targetbox is a vbox, which will get only another vbox named
> questionbox packed in. This questionbox gets now stuffed with
> widgets. I do not know at build time how many this will be, sometimes
> only one, but possibly many more. To be able to display them all I use
> the scrolled window.
>
> Here some examples how this could look like:
> http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/d-i/screenshots/main-menu.png
> http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/d-i/screenshots/choose-mirror.png
>
> Now I have two problems:
>
> 1) Whenn moving the focus inside the widgets when there is a
>    scrollbar, the focus disappears when widgets currently not on the
>    screen get it. I want some mechanisme that the focus is always
>    visible.
>
> 2) Similar to 1), it is possible, that I have a default widget, that
>    should be centered (if possible) in the scrolled window.
>
> Do you have any suggestions how to accomplish that?

void   gtk_container_set_focus_hadjustment (GtkContainer     *container,
                                            GtkAdjustment
*adjustment);
void   gtk_container_set_focus_vadjustment (GtkContainer     *container,
                                            GtkAdjustment
*adjustment);

Are probably useful for you. There is an example of using them in
the testgtk sources.

Regards,
                                              Owen