next problem with g_io_channel_read_to_end(), again

hi
thx all for your advice, read channel works well
but, I have a problem
here is the error I get when I try to read a file with accentued characters like é è à and so...

** ERROR **: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input
aborting...
Aborted

strings are handled as UTF-8, should be due to that?
Could someone give me url or advice on other charset handling?

For files without accentued character, I still get this message

GLib: Cannot convert message: La conversion du jeu de caractères « UTF-8 » vers « 8859-15 » n'est pas supporté

My locales are set to fr_FR euro  (LC_ALL and LANG).
Should I set to another? or Can I do something in my code?

Thanks

should I set my current locale variables to another