Re: signals connection

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 09:54:09AM -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> Hmmm... it seems to mean that the callback will be called like this:
> c_handler(G_OBJECT(data), detail, (gpointer) instance);
> 	instead of
> c_handler(G_OBJECT(instance), detail, (gpointer) data);
> (I guess where detail is often something like GdkEvent)
> 	I can't think of a practical reason for having such a
> function but if its there; theres a good chance that its
> usefull for something ;-)

To simply destroy "someobject" when "window" is destroyed, you can do

g_signal_connect_swapped(G_OBJECT(window), "destroy",
	G_CALLBACK(g_free), someobject);

Because of the _swapped, "someobject" will be passed as the first
argument to g_free() so you can use g_free as a callback directly
instead of another function which would just call g_free anyway.

      Evan Martin
martine cs washington edu