Re: How to start/stop animation?

>I have made a little animation (oh, well .. it is a square bouncing). I
>do in the main-program:
   [ ... ]
>I want to add a toggle-button with 'start' and 'stop'. I can create the
>buttons, that is no problem, but how can I make it stop/start the
>animation. I can terminate the
>gtk_timeout_add bij returning Repaint with return (FALSE), but how would
>I start the animation again?
>
>Looking forward for your reactions. Edward Hage

your code is wrong on a deep level. you cannot draw from a timeout
function. you should instead called gtk_widget_queue_draw(), and put
the repaint code in the expose event handler.

your start/stop problem is handled by using a handler for the toggle
button. when its inactive and becomes active, your handler adds a new
timeout and tells the timeout handler to return TRUE. when its active
and becomes inactive, you can either:

    * set the value that the timeout handler should return to FALSE
    * call gtk_timeout_remove()

--p