Example of call to gtk_container_get_toplevels converted to call gtk_window_list_toplevels

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-changes-2-0.html
recommends replacing calls to gtk_container_get_toplevels by calls to
gtk_window_list_toplevels.  I am doing this for the port of gnucash to
gnome2, and would like to see an example to make sure I understand what
is involved.

I was unable to locate any web pages that showed calls of these
functions, so I downloaded the source for several gnome packages that I
guessed might have such calls.  I found many calls, but none that I
could spot appeared to be related to the task at hand:

gtk_container_get_toplevels() was removed and replaced with
gtk_window_list_toplevels(), which has different memory management on
the return value (gtk_window_list_toplevels() copies the GList and also
references each widget in the list, so you have to g_list_free() the
list after first unref'ing each list member).

Could you point out a gnome1 package that was ported to gnome2 and has
such an example?

I would also appreciate a tip for a searching technique that would have
allowed me to find such an example on the web, or to avoid the guesswork
in downloading a source package containing examples of the calls I was
looking for.