Windows shows a terminal even when I use WinMain()

Hi,

System info: WindowsXP, MinGW, GTK2+

I've ported an application from Linux to Windows.
When I start the application I get both the application and a
windows-terminal.
I've used the construction given earlier on this list, using the
WinMain().

Do anyone have a clue about what I may have done wrong?

Another thing not related to this at all.
I have a check_button in a notebook tab label.
This works perfect on Linux, but on Windows I can see the check button,
but I cannot set/unset it.
Is this a known problem and do anyone have an idea about how to make is
work in Windows too?

Best regards
Egon Andersen