GTK+ on Mac OS X?

I'm trying to get up and running with GTK+ development on Mac OS X (n.b., using the real X11 APIs, not the GTK+OSX port which is layered on top of Mac widgets).

First question: does anyone know of a build of the GTK+ libraries for OS X that I can just download and use? The GTK+ web site says that such are available for various platforms, but doesn't provide any links, and a web search turned up only GTK+OSX (which isn't what I need).

I tried building it myself from sources, but I got stuck trying to build pkgconfig (which is required for GTK+). It fails partway through the make with:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=g_log_domain_glib -g -O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -c giounix.c -o giounix.o
giounix.c:233: only 1 arg to macro 'g_warning' (2 expected)
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic mode
make[4]: *** [giounix.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

So my second question is, does this give anyone a clue what I must do to get this to compile?

If these are dumb questions, please be gentle -- I'm fairly new to X programming.

Thanks,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe strout net           http://www.macwebdir.com/            |