Better accelerator keys support

Hi,

I am not sure if this is acutally a GTK+ or Gnome thing, but there's
is really one thing with keyboard accelerators which could be
massively improved.

In GTK+, if you have a button "&Test" (sorry, i am/was only a windows
developer, by putting the '&' bevore the 'T' I meant that T was
underlinded for quick access), you can use by pressing "Alt-T". This
is not bad, but Windows does this much better (and faster) I think. If
the focus is on a button, checkbox or optionbutton, it is enough just
to press "T" for selecting the button. The Alt key is only necessary
if the focus is in an edit-field or listbox because than it is unclear
if you want to write a "T" or select a button "&Test".

This probably sounds very unimportant, but for an advanced keyboard
user, it will speed things up extremely.

I hope it is clear what I mean, and I am looking forward for your
comments.

Best regards,

Martin