Re: Gnome crash after evolution update

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 03:27, Vasja J Zupan wrote:
> Hi,
> On my RedHat 8.0 laptop, I've updated evo with red-carpet (1.2.4 -> 1.4). after
> update all gnome apps (inclouding gnome-terminal) crash with:
> (gnome-terminal:1354): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot create instance of
> abstract (non-instantiatable) type `GtkWidget'
> ed-carpet crashes when I click on either "installed software" "Available
> soft.", channels ..., but i can access "Updates" and  History.
>
> I've tried to reinstall old Redhat packages, but this did not help. I alos
> uninstalled evolution.
>
> If gnome apps alre started from shell as root, they work. With all other users
> on system all apps crash. Kde is ok too.
>
> I've attached stack trace for gnome-terminal and gnome-control-center

This is a serious Red Carpet/Ximian packages bug that other people have
run into as well, and you should complain to Ximian about it (loudly,
even)

You need to upgrade to the current libgnomeui, since GTK+-2.2.x reveals
this bug in older libgnomeui ... it's probably possible to force Red
Carpet to do that for you.

Regards,
						Owen