Re: BadLength (poly request too large...

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Ibrahim El-Shafei wrote:

> I tried to upgrade from GTK-2.0.0 to GTK-2.2.0. After the upgrade, I

How?

Nautilus is automatically respawned when it dies - that's why there are so
many repeats of the Nautilus X error.

> When I try to login using KDE session, it works fine but I can't launch

So KDE works...?

> for example any of the gnome-games, the game crashes and when I try to
> submit the bug. The bug-buddy crashes too.
>
> Here is the output of .xsession errors after logging into KDE:

> DCOPServer up and running.
> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
> mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
> mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
> QWidget::setMinimumSize: The smallest allowed size is (0,0)
> QWidget::setMaximumSize: (unnamed/DigitalClock) Negative sizes (2,-4) are not possible
> QWidget::setMinimumSize: The smallest allowed size is (0,0)
> QWidget::setMaximumSize: (unnamed/QLabel) Negative sizes (59,-4) are not possible
> QWidget::setMinimumSize: The smallest allowed size is (0,0)
> QWidget::setMaximumSize: (unnamed/DigitalClock) Negative sizes (2,-4) are not possible
> QWidget::setMinimumSize: The smallest allowed size is (0,0)
> QWidget::setMaximumSize: (unnamed/QLabel) Negative sizes (59,-4) are not possible
> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
> QObject::connect: No such slot KWrited::block_in(const char*,int)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
> QFont::setPixelSize: Pixel size <= 0 (-1)
> QMenuData::removeItem: Index -1 out of range
> QMenuData::removeItem: Index -1 out of range
> X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  25 (X_SendEvent)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x1200005
>   Serial number of failed request:  1908
> kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
> kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
> KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
> kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
> kdeinit: Exit.

...no, it doesn't seem to.

It is still confusing what works and what doesn't.

It begins to sound more and more like a misconfiguration error on your
part when you installed a newer GTK version :(

(and gtk-list is probably not the right place for a problem with Gnome,
anyway)

-Peter