Re: gtk and frame buffer

David CABATON wrote:

hi everybody...

i work under woody / gnome2.2.... and i want to use the gtkfb... gtkfb need gtk2 to run... i find this web site http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-building.html to install gtk 2... but i have several questions :

- how to know the version of gtk install on my computer ? (gtk-config --version = 1.2.10 )

Version (for debian) :
dpkg -l libgtk2.0-0 (man dpkg if the output is unclear to you)
gtk2 does not use gtk-config anymore, but the more general purpose pkg-config (usually part of a standart debian installation)

- if i install gtk2 as the web site , the gtk1 applications don't run ?

You can have different versions of gtk without conflict.

- have you example, web site about gtkfb ?

- the web site is the only method to install gtk2 ?

You can also install the debian package (apt-get install libgtk2.0-0), but IIRC the standard debian package was not compiled to support the frame buffer.

thank's for help, sorry for my english.... but i'm French ;)

david

Regards,

SF