atk compile

Hi!

I'm trying to compile xchat 2.0.2. It needs gtk2.2.1, glib2.2.1, atk1.2.0, new pkgconfig etc... I have compiled glib2.2.1, and installed it to a non-standard dir, in my home. I can not install glib system-wide, and my system has glib2.0.1. After this I need to compile atk. Atk's configure script found the new 'pkg-config' executable, but pkg-config could not find the new glib. It found the old, glib2.0.1 in /usr/lib. I tried to export some variables (LDFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PKD_CONFIG_PATH) with the new glib's directories in my home, but atk still can not find the new glib install. It's configure script says:
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.
configure: error:
*** GLIB 2.0.0 or better is required. The latest version of
*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

In my '/usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc' file there is the updated directory entry for glib2.2.1.

Anybody could help me?

Thanks!

ps.: sorry for grammar.

--