Re: Libraries, fonts required to display japanese characters in GTK
- From: Noah Levitt <nlevitt columbia edu>
- To: ramdhan singh <ramdhansingh yahoo co in>
- Cc: "'gtk-list gnome org'" <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Libraries, fonts required to display japanese characters in GTK
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:13:07 -0400
It just works, you don't need anything special, as long as
you have a font. I have two fonts that cover Japanese:
$ fc-list :lang=ja
Arial Unicode MS:style=Regular
Neither is open source, unfortunately. If anybody knows of
an open source Japanese font I'd be interested.
You can get Bitsream Cyberbit from
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:21:03 +0100, ramdhan singh wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to display japanese strings in GTK but do not
> know what are the libraries, fonts required(To display
> japanese)?? I am using GTK 2.2.1.
> Can anybody help me out in this?
> Would be very grateful for any clue.
] [Thread Prev