Re: Libraries, fonts required to display japanese characters in GTK

It just works, you don't need anything special, as long as
you have a font. I have two fonts that cover Japanese:

 $ fc-list :lang=ja
 Arial Unicode MS:style=Regular
 Bitstream Cyberbit:style=Roman

Neither is open source, unfortunately. If anybody knows of
an open source Japanese font I'd be interested.

You can get Bitsream Cyberbit from