Re: Placing text over a GtkImage

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
From: Flavio Alberto Lopes Soares [mailto:flavio maqplas com br] Hello all, I'm using GTK2.0 to develop a program and I have one doubt: There's some way to place text (GtkLabel ?) over a GtkImage (a .png image) to seem that the text was draw together with the image ? In this way, if possible, I believe that I can reduce the pictures that need create/edit.

I'm fairly sure that you can use Pango to put text on an image, but I have
no idea how exactly.

One way you can accomplish putting a label over an image is by creating a 1x1 table and putting both the image and the label in the same/only cell. You will probably need to play with the alignment (*not* the justification) of the label to get it into the correct position. Make sure to attach the label to the table cell first, or the image will hide it!

--Brett Granger