Re: replacement for gtk_tootips_set_delay

> From: Skip Montanaro <skip pobox com>
> *	To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
> *	Cc: gtk-list gnome org
> *	Subject: Re: replacement for gtk_tooltips_set_delay
> *	Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:31:22 -0500

> >> In the 2.0 docs, gtk_tooltips_set_delay is marked as deprecated.
> >> What replaces it?
>
> Owen> Nothing. What reason would an app programer have to change this?
> Owen> If the default isn't right, then it should be fixed. If different
> Owen> users need different settings it should be configurable.
>
> That's what I was getting at.  Assuming you're taking control of this away
> from the programmer, my experience suggests you put this control in the
> hands of the user, but I don't see anything that suggests how the user is
> supposed to control this either.  A simple example of specifying this in an
> rc file would be appreciated.
>
> Skip

Hi,

  Can someone finish the answer to this.  How does one go about
changing this setting?

   Thanks,
         Dav

- J. Davison de St. Germain         dav cs utah edu    (801) 581-4078 -
- Chief Software Engineer           http://www.cs.utah.edu/~dav       -
- SCI Institute, SE C-SAFE          University of Utah                -