Re: mixing wrap-modes in text view

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 12:11:14AM +0200, Morus Walter wrote:
> Unfortunately this does not work as expected. What I see is that
> the text view uses the wrap mode of the first text in a line for the
> whole line, even if text with other wrap modes is following.
> So if a line starts with text with the nowrap tag, the line isn't wrapped,
> if the line starts with text tagged with 'wrap', even text tagged with nowrap
> is wrapped.
>
> Is this intentional?

Yes, the wrap mode is a paragraph-wide attribute. To prevent line
breaks you may be able to use a nonbreaking space character, I think
Unicode has that, it's even likely Pango honors it.

> Further: I'd like to enable wrapping between two texts in nowrap mode.
> Should that be supported? I thought about adding a unicode zero width
> nonjoiner (x200C) in wrap mode...

That's not going to work, no. In nowrap mode, no width is supplied to
Pango and no wrapping ever happens. You can maybe put in an explicit
line break though; there's a Unicode character called "LINE SEPARATOR"
that may work.

Havoc