Re: Installing local/individual GTK

> >   Also, here is a list of files in the pango modules dir:
> [...]
> > I assume that at least one of those is a "usable font".  Thanks again
> > for your help.
>
> Those aren't fonts. It seems like you don't have any.
> Easiest thing to do is download the bitstream vera fonts
> from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ttf-bitstream-vera/1.10/
> and put them in ~/.fonts. That might not work depending on
> your fontconfig setup, but I'd say odds are in your favor.

After downloading those fonts and trimming the .fonts.conf file down
to a very minimum (just the dir for the fonts), my program now works.
I also experimented with putting the X11 fonts dir in the .fonts.conf
file and running fc-cache (as root) and it seems to now let me use
some of the fonts in the X11 installation dir.  I appreciate your help
immensely.

Thanks,
       Dav

- J. Davison de St. Germain         dav cs utah edu    (801) 581-4078 -
- Chief Software Engineer           http://www.cs.utah.edu/~dav       -
- SCI Institute, SE C-SAFE          University of Utah                -