two questions about themes(urgent)

hi, folks,

i have two questions here and since the time is really limited, your quick response will be greatly appreciated.

1. as i know, .gtkrc file works on widget(s), can I specify it to a specific application. in other words, can i use different theme for different applications?

2. since gtk2.x can run in gnome1.x which is based on gtk1.x, i want to know how to assign the rc file for gtk2.

and, please reply to me DIRECTLY since i'm not a member of the list at present.

thanks in advance and best regards,

Liu, Nian