powerpc-apple-darwin6.6

Hello,
I have succeded to compile and make glib-2.2.2 gtk+-2.2.2 behave on mac osx with X11. for some reason,

The support things I had to install:
pkg-config-0.15.0
pango-1.2.3
gettext-0.12.1
jpeg-6b
libiconv-1.8
atk-1.3.4

few oups :
-libintl and libiconv have the same calls, so I had to remove one of them... -there is problems to install the packages in other locations. I have added to most of my other project something like this in configure.ac/in. I do that mainly for development project and been able to relocate and test with different versions of libraries just using proper shell variables.

AC_MSG_CHECKING([prefix for libraries and headers])
AC_ARG_ENABLE([search-prefix],
            AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-search-prefix],
[search installation location for libraries and headers\
. [[Default=yes]]]),
            ,
            enableval="yes"
            )

if test "$enableval" = "yes" ; then
     AC_MSG_RESULT([yes])
     AC_MSG_CHECKING([Headers directory at])
     test -d ${includedir} &&
     CPPFLAGS="-I${includedir} $CPPFLAGS" &&
     AC_MSG_RESULT($includedir)
     AC_MSG_CHECKING([Library directory at])
     test -d ${libdir} &&
     LDFLAGS="-L${libdir} $LDFLAGS" &&
     AC_MSG_RESULT($libdir)
else
     AC_MSG_RESULT([no])
fi

	-getc_unlocked is not available on darwin6.6 in one of the demos...
I could send some non intrusive patch later on, I need to redo the process once more with my notes and get it clean.

So far so good it works,
Philippe Trottier