win32 problems...

Hi list.

I have tried for several days to use the giochannels in win32, but without any success. The thread that should receive data through the channel doesn't receive anything at all (gtk_main) and the sender thread block after some time (buffer full?). (I'm using g_io_add_watch on a channel created with g_io_channel_unix_new on a pipe fd[0].)

Then I downloaded the glib-2.2.2 for win32. This one can't even create a channel on a pipe()d fd:

GLib-WARNING **: giowin32.c:1500: 3 is neither a file descriptor or a socket

At giowin32.c:1500 there's a fstat() which should return 0!!!

Then I tried to compile glib-2.2.2 myself (using MSVC) but again no success. Where's _g_trio_printf defined anyway ? Is glib-2.2.2 compilable on Win32 (I'm using WinNT SP6) ?

Finally, is there another portable way to signal gtk_main from another thread besides g_io_add_watch ?

Please enlighten me, and please excuse me if this has been reported allready.

Thanks,
Calin