Trouble with GtkTreeModel & co.

Hi, everyone!

I am trying to "upgrade" from CLists to GtkTreeViews since my transition
from 1.2 to 2.0. I have a spin button that declares how many rows a
GtkTreeModel (with a GtkListStore) should contain; attached to the
"changed" signal for a spin-button I have a callback that should do this.
While I worked with CLists, I simply used clist->rows to obtain the number
of rows already present and compared this value to the value in a
spin-button - thus knowing how to change the CList structure. So how do I
do this with GtkTreeModel & Co.? Specifically, how do I extract the number
of rows already present?

Thanks,

Andrej