Re: gtk 2.2 for Windows with mingw32 hosted under Linux

On 2003.07.02 15:20 Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been wondering if somebody ever tried to compile Gtk2.2 with a
> crosscompiling Mingw32 hosted on Linux? If so, how does one start such
> task?

Yes. I do this. I started top-down (ie., with Gtk+) using Tor's
binaries for the low level libraries until I managed to get each
one built. It would obviously be more logical to start from the
bottom if you were prepared to accept the delay before having
anything working. I can provide copies of my scripts, hacked
version of libtool etc., if needed. I haven't yet tried to
build Gtk+ 2.2.2 which I have a vague recollection is now based
on libtool 1.5 (or was that 2.3?). I know that I'm going to have
some serious problems with libtool 1.5, but these may not affect
you if you start from scratch.

HTH,

--
Ali Harlow                              Email: ali avrc city ac uk
Research programmer                     Tel:   (020) 7040 4348