Re: a bunch of issues

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:52:54PM +0000, Scott Andrew Baillie wrote:
> I was a little disappointed because I received exactly zero feedback,
> even a comment like "your approach sucks" would be better than
> no feedback at all.

I think it would probably take Owen or someone about a day or two of
investigation to be able to develop meaningful feedback, and if you
query for all the open GTK bugs/feature-requests and bask in their
sheer volume, you'll understand why that doesn't happen
immediately. You can help by writing up in more detail why you arrived
at the approach you did; for example, compare-and-contrast with
Windows/Mac/Java is a standard thing we go through for new UI/API
behaviors.

It would also be helpful if we could get input from some app authors
that have currently devised their own solution - does your patch meet
their needs/expectations? If anyone has comments, or even better
specific use-case examples, drop them on the bug report.

You may want to propose that the bug be moved to the 2.4 milestone,
right now it's on "future" which means "sometime past 2.4."

Havoc