a bunch of issues

Hi!

I've been toying with GTK for some time now.
Previouly I have been coding software for MS, but now I want to go multiplatform.

I have a couple of questions. Mainly regarding GtkEntry (but not only)

 * How do I change the text color in GtkEntry to for example red?
 * Is it possible to force the focus to stay on the widget (GtkEntry) after the user pressed TAB?
   I have tried gtk_widget_grab_focus() in "focus-out-event", but got an error.
 * Do both signals and events require gdk_threads_enter() in a multithreaded app?
   AFAIK The documentation states that events do require this. It doesent clearly
   state this about signal handlers.
 * Does GTK provide functions to check whether the text entered in GtkEntry
   could be conwerted to some type (i.e. double)? If not, how should I do it in
   a nice fashion? (checking return value of sscanf() ??)

Thanks in advance!
MIchal "Gleba" Ziemski