Re: Getting an X11 Window associated with a Gtk widget

John Cupitt ng-london org uk wrote:
Peter F Bradshaw wrote:

I'm new to Gtk. I'm looking for a way to get the underlying X11 Window
value from a Gtk widget. The Gtk library version is 1,2.

Take a look at the source for (eg.) gdk_window_show() for hints. Of course
this is an unsupported hack and will break horribly with lib changes. You
might be able to find another way to solve your problem --- why do you need
the xwindow?

For embedding programs like MPlayer, I suppose.

-a