Re: gnome canvas?

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 11:27:15AM +0100, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I need  to develop a program  for my university  and I have to  draw the
> topology of a net on the fly, keeping it up-to-date with all the changes
> that happen in the net.
>
> How can I draw  this items? ok, they should be  only colored circles and
> lines, so  it shouldn't be difficult.  Which widget should I  use? Gnome
> canvas?

If you need to interact with the graphic items (ie, capturing a button
press while on top of a circle), then the canvas is for you.  Also, if
you don't want to worry about refreshing/redrawing items yourself, the
canvas works well.  However, if you are just drawing/displaying items,
then the drawing_area is sufficient.