Pixbuf theme engine

Hi,

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I have been
trawling the internet (and the source) to no avail.

I've installed Gtk+ 2.0.9 and associated libraries
(because I had it on a disk and otherwise, I'm
downloading over a modem). That all went fairly
smoothly, but I get messages complaining about a
missing modules when I try to use themes.

I downloaded a theme from art.gnome.org which
references engine "pixmap" in its gtkrc file. Now, I
understand that the pixmap engine has been replaced
with the pixbuf engine, but I don't know what I have
to do to get that working.

I don't seem to have any reference to the pixbuf
engine in the Gtk+ source, but I can't find anywhere
to download it from (except for Debian packages and
the like). Where do I get it from (if I don't
unwittingly have it already), and what to I put in
.gtkrc-2.0 when I've got it?

Oh, I'm using Blackbox, rather than Gnome.

Thank you for your patience,

Mike Anderson