Re: GTK+ Under Windows Using Dev-C++

That's something the compiler takes care of. And in C, C++ forward slashes
(" / ") are legal.
It's something that is there irregardless of the platform.

..... ISO\IEC C++ Standard :
    Section :
        Lexical Conventions
        [lex.header]
        2
.............- If either of the characters ' or \, or either of the
character sequences /* or //
.............- appears in qcharsequence or a hcharsequence, or the character
" appears in a hcharsequence,
.............- the behavior is undefined.
............- h-char-sequence = #include <h-char-sequence>
............- p-char-sequence = #include "p-char-sequence"

Without knowing the exact specifics of a compiler, I am left to assume that
since '\'s are illegal in the language,
the compiler must do a conversion when it comes to looking through
directories for whatever platform it's
built for.

If it's not compiling correctly for you i would read through some of the
suggestions i've posted for other's about
setting up GTK+2.0 on Windows. I got some compile errors about not being
able to include <gtk/gtk.h> before,
and it had nothing to do with the "/" it was getting GTK+ to work right.

If not hopefully someone with more knowledge on it can correct this, or shed
some new light on it.
Hope it helps :)
....Frank M....