Setting up global key bindings

Hi all,

I have an application in which I'd like to setup global key bindings,
for instance to associate a given key with a previously recorded macro.

So far, this is not too difficult, since I just have to setup a
"key_press_event" handler on the toplevel window, and then I can do what
I want.

However, the keys won't work in the dialogs for instance. I haven't
found a way to detect the opening of the dialog, and therefore I can't
setup the handler for key_press_event in that specific toplevel window.

Is there:
  - a way to detect the creation of a GtkWindow or GtkDialog ?
  - another way to setup global key bindings ?

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide

regards,
Emmanuel