Re: Does gtk-2.0 support 4 bits per pixel graphical format?

Hi,

James Su <suzhe gnuchina org> writes:

> I'm going to port DirectFB and GTK-DirectFB to a embedded board with
> a 4bpp LCD monitor, so I want to know if it's possible for gtk+-2.0.x?

I think it should be doable. At least GdkRGB seems to support 4bit
color depth for PSEUDO_COLOR, STATIC_COLOR and STATIC_GRAY visuals.
Of course it won't work out of the box but you shouldn't need to touch
any code outside gdk/directfb. I'm looking forward to see your patches.

Salut, Sven