Glib -> GList

I'm trying without any luck to find documentation on using GList in a
situation with more than one node.  I know that it's basic structure contains
a 'next' pointer and a void pointer called 'data'.  While researching it I
read something about using the void data pointer to be able to point to
anything such as another structure, but I haven't found any examples.  This
email proves that I am not a very experienced programmer, so using a void
pointer to me is brand new.  Any suggestions or links to suggestions on using
GList with my own data (as it appears to be great) would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

~ Metnetsky