Re: GTK_IS_WIDGET Errors

After some more toying around I found out that it only
appears to be the gtk_entry_new() function call that
causes problems.  The entry box in my main window is
somehow a null widget and when I spawn a new window
from double clicking on an item in the clist I get a
seg fault.  I have found that the seg fault happens
from the gtk_entry_new call.  The thing that really
bugs me is that I had some old compiled versions of my
program sitting around that I know for certain would
work and when I tried to execute them the same error
msgs came up as below.  Now mind you I did not compile
these old versions once I updated GCC, they are
exactly the same as they were when they were built, 2
weeks old.  Now, if I copy these old binarys over to
another linux computer I have running slackware 8.1
and execute them they run perfectly without any
problems.  They are exactly the same as the files on
my main computer that will not run correctly.
Obviously something with gtk/libs/deps must be messed
up but I cannot figure it out.  I installed the newest
1.2.10 Gtk and the glib 1.2.10.  I also stepped back a
version in GCC to 3.2.1  but none of this helped.  I
am currently running slackware 8.1 w/gtk1.2.10,
glib1.2.10, and gcc 3.2.1.  If ANYONE has some
suggestions please let me know.  If you need any more
info about my system also ask.

Thanks guys!
David Swiston