Fw: conneting Imlib2 and gtk2

I need some help to connect Imlib2 and gtk2.

I'm trying to create gtk2 base interface to manipulate image's color information (contrast brightness ...) using imlib2. now I have a problem connecting image data in gtk2 and imlib2.

is there any functions that directly call to connect gtk2 and imlib2. or is there any  alternative ways to do it(using Imlib2 and gtk2).

this is what I have tried

I tried to pass the image data into DATA32 in Imlib2 using DATA32 * imlib_image_get_data( );

after that how do we can access data in DATA32 variable

is there  a way to access this DATA32 variable from the gtk2

OR

is there a way to insert imlib2_image to a gtkwidget and gtk image information in to Imlib2_image

pls help me on the above matter  and it is better if some one can send resources regarding this

Regards,

darshana