how to add properties to scrolled windows?

Hi,

    I am making something similar to an instant messenger in linux, and i am using gtk+. I created my instant message windows using two scrolled windows, but I cant figure out how to get the windows to  automatically scroll down to the last entered text. I tried using the iter values, but I must be doing something wrong, because after i insert a new line(s) of text, the window doesn't scroll down until the user specifies so.

Another problem I am having is that I want the scrolled window where the user enters text to use the "word wrap" property. Now I know how to apply the word wrap property when i insert the text into a window, but i cant seem to figure out how to set the properties of the scrolled window to wrap words as they are typed.

If anyone can shed some light on these problems, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

--
Arash Nikkar
arash umail ucsb edu