Placing widget on top of DrawingArea

Hi!

In Dia, we have the diagram displayed in a GtkDrawingArea widget.
Currently, we do text editing in the diagram by rendering our own cursor
and handling all events on our own.  That's not a very practical approach
for several reasons.

Instead, I'd like to place an appropriate text editing widget (GtkTextView
+ GtkTextBuffer) on top of the text in the diagram, and get all the
standard editing for free.  But GtkDrawingArea is not a container widget --
is there any reasonable way I can place the GtkTextView on top of the
GtkDrawingArea?  It'll be removed as soon as the editing is done, e.g. when
anything else is done to the diagram.

Thanks in advance,
-Lars

--