Re: International characters

Holczer Szilard wrote:

Thanks for answer!

It is gtk2, and i know locale_to_utf8, but if i use it i cant't see my
accentuated letters:(

1 more question:
If I use this solution, I have to convert all the strings in my
application?

2003-02-19, sze keltezéssel Andrew E. Makeev ezt írta:
Holczer Szilard wrote:

I have a problem with internation character using. If I insert theese
somewhere, like menus, button, ect. the gtk send me "Gtk-WARNING **:
Invalid input string" message, and the application broke.

What can I do with it?

If you are talking about GTK+-2.x, you need to convert your locale strings to UTF-8. Glib has some functions to do it, like locale_to_utf8, locale_from_utf8, etc. Feel free to explore.

Regards,
-andrew

Well, before "packing" to widget you have to convert every single string that is initialized with your locale encoding characters. Strings that contain only latin characters or gotten from Gtk widgets (like text from GtkEntry input is already in UTF-8) could be accepted w/o conversion.

Regards,
-andrew