pthreads with gtk/gtkmm

Hi all.

I am trying to use 2 separate threads for the GUI and audio part of an
application. (following some suggestion coming from the list some months ago)

I have tryed to create a pthread with the entire gtkmm GUI code, but I get a
segmentation fault from the constructor of my gtkWindow-inherited class.

To do this, I have created a function that contains Gtk::kit, the
instantiation of my GtkWindow class and kit.run().

I have seen on web and newsgroups that POSIX threads and C++ do not mix
easily, but I was not able to find anything directly related to my problem.
Can anyone help?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Enrico Costanza