number list elements problem

Hi,

my program use a list to collect datas. At start obviously it returns:
g_slist_length (list) = 0

any lines are append:
list = g_slist_append (list, (gpointer) node);

('node' is a struct pointer with many 'gchar *' elements)

These lineas are casually deleted:

g_free (g_slist_nth_data (list, position));
g_slist_remove_link (list, g_slist_nth (list, position));

(if I use g_slist_free_1() I got strange things...)

At the end list seems clear but prg returns:

g_slist_length (list) = 1??????????

possible?
Is my remove mode missed?

Thanks in adv and good year
France

Tiscali ADSL SENZA CANONE:
Attivazione GRATIS, contributo adesione GRATIS, modem GRATIS,
50 ore di navigazione GRATIS.  ABBONARTI TI COSTA SOLO UN CLICK!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/index.shtml