Re: Can I wrap a label when it exceeds the width of parent?

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> > To make it faster, I thought of another approach: since Pango Layouts
> > can wrap a text by themselves, by splitting it into lines, then we could
> > make Pango do the wrapping and the read back the lines. We could
> >  use these lines to build the label text, putting a newline char
> > between the lines. The code is in MyLabel3, but I can't extract
> > the text from the LayoutLine! Do you happen to know if
> > I can do that? ( A negative answer would be tragic :-))
Hmmm...I'm not so experienced with Pango. But as far as I understand you
use PangoLayoutLine's attributes start_index and length to get the text of
this line. start_index is the offset from the beginning of the text set to
the PangoLayout.

Ciao...Peter
Peter Krüger

applied software solutions (appss) GmbH
Sandtorstr. 23
D-39106 Magdeburg
Germany

Phone:  +49-(0)391-54486-19388
Fax:    +49-(0)391-54486-19222
email:  krueger appss de

Managing Director: Uwe Hess, Dietmar Schäfer
Register: HRB12386, AG Mageburg

"Virtual business becomes reality!"

e-mail is strictly forbidden.