Re: gtk+-2.2.0 ./configure error about pango 1.2.0

busmanus wrote:

I should have closed this thread long ago, it's about two weeks or more
that I finished installing the new gtk (I finally got v2.2.4).

... some files of Xft1 remained even after installing the
new version, because they caused no name conflict. So I made a big
cleanup, which eventually solved the problem.

It has since turned out that the real problem was reading "too much"
documentation. I mean, I listened to the advice of the author of
fontconfig-xft, who recommends installing his libraries with the
--prefix set to /usr and /usr/X11R6 respectively, but without giving
any explanation about the purpose of this setup. If I install xft
and its dependencies simply to /usr/local , the problem doesn't
even show up, everything goes seamlessly on my Woody-r1 and I don't
have to touch any of my system files.

Regards,

busmanus

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu