Re: Avoid Memory Leakage

On 02 Dec 2003 15:56:57 +0100
Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> wrote:

> Simple. Make sure you release all resources you are allocating.  You
> could use memprof or valgrind to find out where you are leaking
> memory.  Of course it is possible but very unlikely that the libraries
> itself are leaking significantly.

I've problems with leackage too, but i figured out it's a problem with
the glib library. I use the GIOChannels in my project and nowhere any
GStrings. I tested my code with valgrind, and i have ever got messages
about non-free'd memory. The error seems to occur in g_string_len (),
actually i couldn't find any bug report in the bugzilla project.

christoph

--
Every feature is a bug, unless it can be disabled.

GnuPG Public Key http://prime.zapto.org/~unexist/unexist.asc