non-us xkb keyboards open menus in xfree86 4.3

Hello,

I have Debian unstable with (unofficial packages of) XFree86 4.3.

When I do 'setxkbmap us,de -option "grp:menu_toggle"' and select the second layout, pressing a [key] behaves like Alt-[key] in gtk2 applications (opens appropriate menu; if there is no such menu, it writes the letter normally). You can substitute other layouts than "de" (tried "fr", "cz" as well).

This does not happen if I select a single layout ('setxkbmap de -option""'), neither if I inverse the layouts ('setxkbmap de,us -option "grp:menu_toggle").

Non-gtk2 apps _do_ work correctly (mozilla, openoffice).

This might be a bug in xfree86 (incosistent behavior) though and I submit it to xfree86 bugzilla also.

/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkversion.h:
#define GTK_MAJOR_VERSION                               (2)
#define GTK_MINOR_VERSION                               (2)
#define GTK_MICRO_VERSION                               (2)

Regards, Vaclav Smilauer