Re: progress bar color

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 08:57, Nick Soffe wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm still having a problem changing the color of a progress bar in one of
> my programs using gtk 2.0. I've extracted the offending code into a
> trivial test program and I still can't make it work. Can anyone tell me
> what I'm doing wrong? I've modified the colors of various other widgets in
> the app and these work fine. I'm sure I've done this under gtk1.2 using
> modify_style and it worked ok then.

Probably you theme - your test program works fine for me in the
default theme, but Red Hat's "Bluecurve" theme ignores the
progress bar color from the theme - I think it uses a pixmap.
Other theme engines may do similar things.

If you want to ignore the theme for the widget, an old fashioned:

 style = gtk_style_new ();
 gdk_color_parse ("red", &style->bg[GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT]);
 gtk_widget_set_style (widget, style);
 g_object_unref (style);

Should do it. Standard disclaimers about the affects on consistency
and accessibility of ignoring the theme and of setting your own
colors.

Regards,
					Owen