Open vs Open Location

Hello Everyone!

	Just a little thought that crossed my mind the other day as I was
playing with my media player.  One of the most anticipated features of
GTK 2.4 is the new file selector.  Well GTK and Gnome are both
modern-thinking groups of people, so I figured I'd quickly send out my
thoughts.  What is the point of having an "Open" and an "Open Location"
dialogue?  They're both generally implemented as top-level menu options,
and eliminating one would free up space for other important options.
With the line between network and local files continually becoming more
and more blurred, why not integrate the "Open Location" dialogue into
the "Open" dialogue?  Most modern file open dialogues have shortcuts to
commonly used places...things like panels for Desktop, My Docs, Home,
etc...why not make "Internet" another of those panels?  KDE already sort
of does this with its "Network" panel in its open dialogues.
	Anyway just a thought.  Hopefully someone agrees and finds this
worthwhile.  Keep up the good work!